How do you choose what news you read each day? With millions of news outlets out there, you could easily spend hours a day reading hundreds of articles — and getting a headache in the process. So, we pulled together a roundup of our favorite feel-good news stories and a few stories about edX that we hope can help brighten your day.
Our response to COVID-19
- Business Insider – Harvard’s e-learning platform edX launched a free and fast course on ventilator use for medical professionals being reassigned to ICUs. It could help address urgent training needs in hospitals around the world.
- USA Today – ‘Scotch tape and baling wire’: How some hospitals and companies are responding to meet America’s ventilator shortage
Stay busy and engaged while staying at home
- Quartz – 15 ways to practice self-care in the time of coronavirus
- Forbes – 10 Ways To Use Working Remotely or Self-Quarantining As An Opportunity
Feel good news
- Bloomberg – Newest Shortage in New York: The City Is Running Out of Dogs to Foster
- CNN – Math teacher shows up at student’s front porch to give her a one-on-one lesson while social distancing
- CBS News – College student sews face masks designed for the deaf and hard of hearing community
23 Sep 2020