Professional Certificates, MicroMasters® Programs, and Master’s Degrees on edX
December 23, 2019 | edX team
As a global nonprofit, our mission at edX is to expand access to high quality education to everyone, everywhere. Our trusted platform for education and learning — home to more than 20 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies — offers a variety of opportunities for learners at every stage.
Whether you’re entering the job market, changing fields, seeking a promotion, or exploring new interests, learn more about how edX’s high-quality learning experiences can help you achieve your learning goals.
Professional Certificate Programs: Gain Critical Skills in Today’s Most In-Demand Fields
Professional Certificate programs are a series of courses designed by industry leaders and top universities to build and enhance critical professional skills needed to succeed in today’s most in-demand fields. Explore skills-focused courses in a wide range of fields at a variety of levels from top universities and industry leaders like IBM, Microsoft, Linux Foundation, and more. On average, Professional Certificate programs take two to six months to complete.
How a Professional Certificate Program Works:
- Find the right program for you: Professional Certificate programs are offered in a variety of in-demand subjects to help you get ahead.
- Learn and gain experience at your own pace: Whether on your computer, tablet, or phone, online courses make learning flexible to fit your busy life.
- Earn a valuable credential: Showcase your key skills and valuable knowledge.
- Stand out in your field: Use the knowledge and skills you have gained to drive impact at work and grow your career.
MicroMasters® Programs: Advance Your Career, Jumpstart a Master’s Degree
Our innovative MicroMasters® programs offer in-depth, graduate-level courses designed for learners pursuing career growth and/or seeking a head start on an advanced degree.
A MicroMasters program can be used to showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and help you get started on a path toward completing a master’s degree — the work you complete in a MicroMasters program can give you advanced standing in the associated master’s degree program if you apply to the degree program and are accepted.
Plus, MicroMasters programs allow you to try before you buy: Pursue a course on the audit track to try out the online learning experience and course material for free. Pay to upgrade to the verified track to access the full breadth and depth of a course, including the ability to apply learnings through graded assignments and assessments.
Once you’ve completed all courses within a MicroMasters program on the verified track, you’ll be able to use your program certificate to show the in-depth knowledge and tools you’ve gained to employers and can use the completed work to apply for advanced standing in the associated master’s degree program.
How a MicroMasters Program Works:
- Choose your program: MicroMasters programs on edX are designed for real career advancement in high-demand fields.
- Complete each course, whenever and wherever you choose — this is mastery made flexible!
- Earn a valuable program certificate: Prove you’ve gained the deep knowledge and transformational skills by receiving a valuable credit-backed program credential.
- Advance your career by leveraging MicroMasters programs, which are validated by top tier companies, and rigorously designed to ensure a competitive advantage for your career success.
- Pursue a full master’s degree by applying to the university that accepts your MicroMasters program certificate for credit and, if accepted, the program certificate will accelerate your degree and shave off the cost of tuition.
Master’s Degrees: A Top-Ranked, Affordable, and Fully Online Path to Your Next Level
Master’s degrees on edX are top-ranked, accredited, world-class programs offered at a disruptive price relative to the cost of typical master’s degree programs on campus. Master’s degree programs on edX range in price from $10,000 to $25,000 for the entire degree.
These prestigious, in-demand programs offer access to the same first-rate professors and curriculum as an on-campus degree, but are delivered in a fully online, flexible format to fit your busy schedule. The growing list of master’s degree options on edX includes online programs such as an MBA, Analytics, computer science, accounting, engineering, information technology management, and more.
How a Master’s Degree on edX Works:
- Master’s degrees on edX are from top-ranked programs in high-demand fields offered at a disruptive tuition price point.
- Apply immediately to the program to get started;
- Or start with the MicroMasters program courses that are part of the master’s degree program. You may choose to preview some of the content as an audit learner, or engage with the actual course as a verified learner even before you’ve been admitted. Once admitted to the master’s degree program, you can apply the MicroMasters program credential to the Master’s degree program.
- Complete the Master’s degree program to enhance your career progression.
Start Your Learning Journey
Find the program that’s right for you: explore Professional Certificate programs, MicroMasters programs, and master’s degrees on edX in subjects like electrical and computer engineering, marketing, IT management, supply chain management, accounting, computer science, data science, business administration, cybersecurity, and much more.