For International Women’s Day, Choosing to Create an Inclusive World Through Education
March 8, 2021 | edX team
International Women’s Day is the annual celebration of the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women throughout history, and around the world. This year’s theme is the #ChooseToChallenge—and at edX, we’re choosing to use this opportunity to share educational resources to help our community learn about issues pertaining to women’s history, including the ongoing fight for gender parity, the recent bursts of activism among women, and more.
We encourage you to take a look at the curated selection of resources below—and #ChooseTo use your learning as a tool to create a more inclusive world.
- International Women's Health and Human Rights - StanfordOnline
- Understanding Gender Equity - CatalystX
- Gender and Intersectionality - UIcelandX
- Doing Gender and Why it Matters - HKUx
- Advancing Equity and Inclusion Through Gender Partnership - CatalystX
- Gender and Sexuality: Applications in Society - UBCx
- Seeking Women’s Rights: Colonial Period to the Civil War - ColumbiaX
- Wage Work for Women Citizens: 1870-1920 - ColumbiaX
- Negotiating a Changing World: 1920-1950 - ColumbiaX
- Fighting for Equality: 1950–2018 - ColumbiaX
- Unconscious Bias: From Awareness to Action - CatalystX
- Women Making History: Ten Objects, Many Stories - HarvardX