We are excited to announce that The Juilliard School, a world leader in performing arts education, has joined the community of edX partners.
Juilliard’s mission is to provide the best artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors so that they can reach their goals as artists, leaders and global citizens. More than 800 artists from 44 states and 42 foreign countries are currently enrolled at Juilliard in New York City, which offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in dance, drama, and music (classical, jazz, historical performance, and vocal arts).
We are thrilled to partner with Juilliard to bring the conservatory’s highly respected music instruction to edX learners all over the world. Juilliard is launching six new music MOOCs designed by faculty and experts to help musicians and music lovers, from beginners to connoisseurs, to connect more deeply with the performing arts.
The following six new courses are open for enrollment and you can start learning from the pros at Juilliard today:
- Discovering the Instruments of the Orchestra: Learn to listen more deeply to classical music by discovering the four families of instruments: strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion.
- Perform at Your Best: Foundations of Performance Psychology: Learn performance psychology fundamentals to help you overcome anxiety and perform at your best under pressure.
- Piano Preludes: Bach, Chopin, and Debussy: Improve your piano skills by learning to play three famous preludes from Bach, Chopin, and Debussy.
- How to Listen to Great Music for Orchestra: Learn how to listen to five important orchestral works that span styles and genres and are composed by Handel, Mozart, Beethoven, R. Strauss, and Bartók.
- Music Theory 101: Learn the fundamentals of music theory in an engaging and straightforward approach, and develop the music theory knowledge you need to become better players, superior listeners, and feel more confident writing for any musical genre.
- Sharpen Your Piano Artistry: Improve your technique and overall piano playing by learning to play two classical pieces from a curated list of 19 advanced beginner and intermediate level pieces.
Juilliard’s offerings on edX will provide our global learner community with the opportunity to gain an appreciation of the performing arts and improve their skills from the leading experts in the field. This partnership furthers our joint missions to provide access to high-quality educational content to learners all over the world.
Please join me in welcoming Juilliard to edX!
08 Aug 2018
EdX Survey Finds that about 1/3 of Americans ages 25 – 44 have Completely Changed Fields Since Starting their First Job Post-College
10 Jul 2018
08 Jun 2018