Each semester, Lifehacker highlights their top picks of free online courses, ranging from computer science and mathematics to the humanities, law, and medicine. This term, edX tops the list! Read on to learn which edX courses Lifehacker most recommends, and enroll today.
Computer Science and Technology
- MITx – Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python with Professors Eric Grimson, John Guttag, and Ana Bell began January 13, 2016 – enroll now.
Science and Medicine
- UBCx – Climate Change: The Science with Professor Sara E Harris started January 11, 2016. Enroll now.
- KIx – Behavioral Medicine: A Key to Better Health with Professors Anne H Berman and Sakari Suominen begins Feb 1, 2016. Enroll now.
- ANUx – Astrophysics: The Violent Universe with Professors Brian Schmidt and Paul Francis begins February 9, 2016 – enroll now.
- KyotoUx – Fun with Prime Numbers: The Mysterious World of Mathematics with Professor Tetsushi Ito begins January 21, 2016. Enroll now.
Social Sciences, Classics, and Humanities
- DelftX – Framing: How Politicians Debate with Professors Hans de Bruijn and Jet Pagnier begins February 15, 2016. Enroll now.
- KyotoUx – Culture of Services: New Perspective on Customer Relations with Professors Yutaka Yamauchi and Nao Sato begins January 28, 2016. Enroll now.
- HKUx – Making Sense of the News with Professors Masato Kajimoto and Anne Kruger begins February 16, 2016. Enroll now.
- HarvardX – Contract Law: From Trust to Promise to Contract with Professor Charles Fried started January 7, 2016. Enroll now.
- LouvainX – International Human Rights with Professor Olivier de Schutter begins February 1, 2016 – Self-Paced. Enroll now.
- University of Pennsylvania – Intellectual Property Law and Policy – Part 1: IP and Patent Laws with Professor R. Polk Wagner begins February 2, 2016. Enroll now.
Cross-Disciplinary Courses and Seminars
- HamiltonX – Jazz: The Music, The Stories, The Players with Professor Monk Rowe begins February 2, 2016. Enroll now.
16 May 2016
11 Mar 2016